Friday, September 10, 2010

A little family trip

Last weekend we took a trip to Portland to visit family. It was a wild ride, with lots of chaos, but fun nonetheless. The kids always have a great time with the grandparents (these are Kaelyn's birthfather's parents, whom we see quite regularly).
Here we are headed off on the great adventure. Excited and ready to go early, early in the morning!

Kaelyn and Cooper shared a bed. I think they slept in the most luxurious bed they will EVER sleep in while on this trip. It was so soft and cushy with a silk comoforter. Trust me, I was petrified they would ruin it, but they didn't! :-)
Cooper got to ride the tractor with Grandpa Bob. He (Cooper, although I'm sure Bob was too) was in HEAVEN. He wanted to ride that thing over and over and over again. Perfect for little boys.
Grandma Chris got in all her Campbell snuggles. I love this picture of them!
And Kaelyn and Cooper got their fill of playing in the mud and sand. This little park is just down the street from Chris and Bob's. Every year we go there and they are always forbidden to play in the little water feature there because it makes such a mess. This year we got smart and embraced the mess. We let them put on their swim suits and get as messy and gross as they wanted to. Of course, they had to be hosed off in the freezing cold hose before being let in the house, but they didn't really mind.
One reason they didn't mind getting hosed off is because it meant that they could then head upstairs to Grandma Chris' big bathtub. Believe it or not, this was only 2 tbsps of soap!!!
But, alas, the weeend had to come to an end. We drove back in the dark of night because it was easier for all of us. And no traffic. I love this picture in contrast to the very first picture. :-)

2 comments:

Ann said...

Such cute photos! I'm glad they had such a good time. We were just commenting last night about how much we miss seeing them. It has been over a week!

No Names Needed said...

I love Kaelyn's head back, mouth open, sleeping pose! Cute pix!