When did it happen that we turned from trusting God and believing that he can provides things to help us and instead turn to believing that man made things are better than God made things? Sound like a broad question? Let me give you an example.....
Now, why is it that my family and friends once again think I have fallen off the looney bin wagon. What is wrong or weird or whatever about trying something that is FOUND IN NATURE and thus created by God to try to alleviate pain. I'm not placing my faith in amber, nor do I believe that it is a cure all. I'm merely trying to find a natural, gentle aid to help my baby get through the teething stages of life. And yet, I get the rolling of eyes and the craziest comments from everyone I see. Here's the kicker - if I were putting Tylenol in her every 6 hours to help with the teething pain no one would blink an eye. Why is that? Why do we question and think people are weird for trying something more natural and more gentle to a baby, but not question the use of man made drugs as the cure all for everything?
Anyway, I was just thinking about this today as I nursed my beautiful baby girl while she was sporting her cute necklace. I guess it also leads me to a lot of questions. But I'll spare you those thoughts for now. :)
5 comments:
I love it! I don't think we ever gave Xander tylenol for teething, and I refused to do the orajel thing (danger of numb gag reflex and aspiration!).
This is very cool. We relied heavily on Hyland's Teething Tablets (homeopathic). :-)
Did I roll my eyes? Sorry. Your baby, your choices. I'm all for whatever works! We love you and your family regardless of how out-of-the-box you seem to some! I'll try to be better. :)
Keep seeking God, not man's answers! You're the best for your baby. Let me encourage you, 5 babies later! Your AZ cousin.
I hear ya!
My thoughts are yours exactly! :o)
People don't give a second thought about medicating their kiddos up the wazoo because the Drs. say it's O.K.
I was told by a pharmacist years ago that there is no prescription/drug that does not have a side effect! Since then, I tend to think hard about what I take and if it's worth it.
They all have a negative effect somewhere in the body even if you can't feel it at that moment ~
Don't know why we feel we have to improve on what God has provided for us ~
Thanks for posting about the amber and teething ~ I'll definitely be looking into it!
You'll get used to people thinking your weird and giving you weird looks ~ I've gotten to the point where I just don't care anymore! LOL
Keep trusting in God as you raise your children. He will guide you on the right path. I love that you take the time and energy to educate yourself on what is best for you and your family. Who says those "other people" are right anyways! Love you friend! :0)
Post a Comment