Thursday, January 28, 2010

Eight

Wow. When did I become old enough to have an 8 year old?!


Today is my precious little girl's 8th birthday. I can't believe that she is old enough to be reading, playing video games, getting excited about getting gift cards for her birthday, and understanding many things about "grown up" life. She has her moments (ok, she has a lot of these moments) that frustrate me, but mostly that's because we're too much alike. LOL Maybe I'm a little one sided, but she has lots of moments of brilliance too. She is SO good at math. I love to watch her play her video game where she has to do fractions and see how quickly she can get through all those math problems. Or how fast she picks up on new math concepts in her schoolwork. She loves everything pioneer related and can often be found acting out a trip "out west". She is very into her American Girl doll that she got for Christmas and is taking such good care of the doll and everything that goes with her. She is creative, kind, beautiful on both the inside and the outside, and amazes me every single day. I love you Kaelyn - HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
Age - a couple weeks. This was the very first time we ever met Kaelyn.

Age 5

Age 8

3 comments:

Ann said...

I love you, too, Kaelyn. Everything mommy said is true, except that you don't have any "moments." Grandma says so!

No Names Needed said...

I can't believe she was ever that small! Happy birthday, K!

jen said...

Happy birthday Kaelyn!!