Monday, February 23rd, 2009
This is the day Cooper is going in to get his tonsils and adnoids (however you spell that) taken out.
We went today to the new ENT. He said, without hesitation and with great certainty that this is exactly what needs to be done. I'm so glad that he is willing to do it. He said that they don't do this surgery on children under the age of 2, but since Cooper is over that and seems to be big enough and healthy enough that he thought it would go fine.
I'm so back and forth on the emotion of it all. I'm SOOOOOOO glad that it will be done and over with now and that he won't have to deal with those horrible things anymore. I can only imagine how uncomfortable he miust be, especially each time he gets sick. On the other hand I'm scared half to death. I'm so scared of him going under anesthesia, of his horrible, hard recovery period and something going wrong. I'm trying to remember that it's all planned out already and it's totally in God's hands, but it's so hard to trust.
So, if you remember us on the 23rd, please send up a prayer for my baby. Thanks.
3 comments:
You will be glad when it is over, I know. Just think how much better Cooper will feel--being able to breathe at night, etc. We will all be praying!
We will be praying for you all. I know somewhat the emotions you are feeling.
I think Philip needs to go back to the ENT. His throat is all swollen again. This is making me nervous. I do not want another surgery, not to mention what that would cost.
We will be praying, of course. The good thing is that little people are so resilient - a few days and he'll be back to running laps around you and playing with his sister. Of course, those few days maybe tough on all of you. It will be worth it in the end when he stops getting so sick. {{{Hugs}}}}
Post a Comment