Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Preparations

I've had some serious nesting urges lately. I'm really wanting to get all the baby clothes out, washed, sorted, etc... however, we're waiting until the dresser from my grandparents house gets here. That should be this weekend, thankfully. We finally figured out where we are going to put this little girl's stuff. We knew that she would be sleeping with us for at least the first year (we co-sleep for those who didn't already know that) so we weren't worried about where we would put *her* we have just been wondering where we were going to put all her *stuff*. LOL We finally decided - after some wise wisdom from my mother - to put a dresser in the corner of the schoolroom/craft room/storage room. The kids and I are in there a lot and it will be convenient to have her clothes and diapers in a room other than one of the kids rooms. We're also planning on putting the glider rocker in there so that Jeff & I can rock her at night and I can nurse without disturbing the kids or while "teaching" during the daytime. Hopefully it will work out well.
So, I haven't done much in the way of preparing for this baby. Well, except for doing a lot of shopping. :-) I have found THE perfect outfit for bringing her home in....

The pants are knitted wool longies (we're praying she doesn't have a wool allergy!) that will go over her cloth diapers. I'm determined to bring home a cloth diapered baby! Whether she stays that way for the next couple of weeks is yet to be determined, but the plan is to start her in cloth and keep her there. Anyway, I had these pants done specifically for this purpose and I happened to find this hat in the same yarn on another website. And while my mom and I were browsing the clothes the other day I found this cute shirt that matches perfectly! We'll probably put a long sleeved tshirt underneath the shirt since it will be March when she is born. And to go with the whole ensemble.....

...these cute little booties that I made! They are definately not perfect. And they are SOOOOO tiny. Chances are great that they will only fit her for one day (if they even fit her then). My feet were huge when I was born - well, they still are - so I'm anticipating that she will not have small feet. LOL Hopefully they'll go on her for at least the ride home. :-)

So, that's about as far as we've gotten in the at home preparations. We start our birthing classes this Saturday, I've interviewed and decided on a WONDERFUL doula, I've scheduled my maternity photo shoot with my friend for the first week in February, and my baby shower is planned for the 1st Sunday in February. I feel like things are moving forward and that the next 8 weeks are going to FLY by! I'm starting to get very excited to meet this little one!

3 comments:

Ann said...

The booties are sooo cute! Nice work. The outfit looks so old and unfrilly! Certainly not a criticism, though. It's very cute!

Leanne said...

Love, love love it! So cute. You did so well on those booties.

I have to admit that I could constrain myself no longer and got out the boxes of newborn and 0-3 month clothes-just to look. Levin had so much fun looking at all the clothes he wore as a baby.

Ali Tong said...

Amy! Those booties are SO cute! What pattern did you use? I love it. Those longies are cute too! Love the "bringing home" outfit!