The words "It's a Girl" are music to any seamstresses ears. There is just way more you can make for girls. I made a lot of stuff for Cooper, but this little girl is going to have so much more sewn for her! And I've already been busy at the sewing machine making lots of fun stuff. Here is what I've done or started.
I bought the material and pattern for this diaper bag back when my friend Heather was expecting her little girl, oh, say almost 4 years ago. LOL It's been sitting in my fabric bins since then need to be used. I finally got motivated and put together this great diaper bag. It's such a perfect size and came together so nicely! I'm excited to use it.

I wanted something super easy and quick to make once we found out that this baby was going to be a girl so I found this pattern I had stashed away for a baby bunting (is that what they are called??). My mom still thinks I should put a bow on the hat as it's "not girly enough" for her. We'll see...

I started this cute little shirt and pants combo. The shirt is like a little dress with gathers around the chest and long sleeves. It's made of a cute cotton knit. The pants are going to be this beautiful blue interlock wool (to double as a cloth diaper cover) that I bought for Cooper but never got around to using. I love how they go together. Just enough "girly" without being at all froofy. :)

Ok, so this project hasn't even been started, but I found this great wool sweater at the goodwill that I'm going to turn into a couple pairs of wool pants (again for to double as cloth diaper covers). I love the color and think it will go with so much stuff that we get as gifts.

So, there you go - there is the start of my "Made by Mom" collection. I'm sure there will be a LOT to come in the future. Especially with the stash of fabric I have accumulated from my diaper business. :) I've made a few purchases too and maybe I'll get around to posting some pictures of those things too. They are awfully cute and not your normal baby purchases. LOL
1 comment:
So fun. Yes, I think I want to place my order for a diaper bag. I feel like my hands are tied with this little guy needing nothing, but as ou said, it's much more fun to make things for girls. So far, all I have gathered is a baby book, first year calendar, and a few baby carriers. Oh, and the outfit your mom bought him. Glad you now have projects to keep your mind occupied.
Post a Comment