No, not to a mental institution (although some days I think I should do that too!).
Today I packed up all the "fat" clothes from before and during my 40lb weight loss journey and I'm hauling them off to the Goodwill. Now, my first thought was "maybe I should keep some of these so that I have some stuff to wear after this pregnancy". But then I realized - that is TOTALLY enabling myself. And I need to stop that! So, today I committed myself to not gaining so much weight during this pregnancy that I need those fat clothes afterwards. Not that I'm going to believe that I'll fit into my skinny clothes right away (don't worry, I'm not THAT dumb) but I'm going to make sure that only having my maternity clothes to wear afterwards and maybe a couple things that I find later at the Goodwill to fill in some gaps becomes a motivator for losing the weight when I'm done with this pregnancy.
So, you've heard it here first. I'm committing myself to a healthy pregnancy, a small (although healthy) amount of weight gain during it, and a motivation for getting back into shape afterwards.
It's not going to be easy - but those fat clothes won't be sitting around waiting for me. Hopefully that will make it easiER.
2 comments:
You can do it girl! You have the right mindset.
I'm with Jenn! You'll do it! Healthy living is a lifestyle and you've made some great changes over the past year!!
Post a Comment