Tuesday, September 8, 2009

1st Day of School


Today Kaelyn officially started the 2nd grade! One great thing about homeschooling is that you can wear your Darth Vader socks wtih your pink pants and no shoes and no one cares! LOL We had a great day. School started right at 8:30am and we were done by 10:30. :) We built a timeline in the hallway that we'll use throughout the year, started our history/geography notebook, talked about the fact that names have meanings, and did some refresher math pages. It was a good morning and it was even better when Kaelyn said, "I think I'm going to like this year better than I thought!" That is enough for me! I think the hardest part of the year is going to be keeping Cooper quiet for longer than a half a second so I can actually explain something to Kaelyn. We'll see how that goes!

2 comments:

Ann said...

What precious kids! Glad the first day went so well!

Kjerste said...

Glad you had a great start to your school year. We missed you tonight!