I'm not sure how much longer I can take this. Cooper is a grump non-stop. I know he is in pain. I know that it isn't comfortable and that he doesn't understand why he hurts. But MAN the whining is getting to me. And the lack of sleep... ugh, I'm so done.
We went to the emergency room with Cooper yesterday (chalk up another chunk of change to our medical debts) because he was coughing up blood. This is a sight that I never want to see again. I called the drs office and the nurse was not happy with the amount of blood that was coming out so she told us to go to the ER. Turns out that it was just the scabs coming off his incisions and he was fine. They sent us home and told us to come back if it happened again. Thanks. So much.
We went to the emergency room with Cooper yesterday (chalk up another chunk of change to our medical debts) because he was coughing up blood. This is a sight that I never want to see again. I called the drs office and the nurse was not happy with the amount of blood that was coming out so she told us to go to the ER. Turns out that it was just the scabs coming off his incisions and he was fine. They sent us home and told us to come back if it happened again. Thanks. So much.
This was dinner time a couple nights ago. Cooper refused to come to the dinner table and just wanted to lay on the couch and watch Baby Einstein. Not more than two minutes later, this is how we found him.
I'm just so tired. Not only am I physically tired from getting up every hour to tuck Cooper in again because he is screaming, but I'm emotionally tired. I can't handle the fact that he hasn't eaten in NINE days. He has only had water, apple juice and yogurt. The boys ribs are sticking out now. He doesn't want to do anything. He just sits around and whines about everything. I can't get any work done, I don't want anyone else watching him in case something happens, and I'm ignoring Kaelyn and her school work because Cooper takes up every moment of the day. It's exhausting. We better be "turning a corner" soon (which we've been told by the drs office that this SHOULD happen any day - although they've been telling us that since Friday).
Stick a fork in me... I'm done.
3 comments:
Once again I wish I was not 3000 miles away on the other side of the country. I hope the doctor is right, Amy, and that he turns that corner. I naively thought it would be easier for a little guy Cooper's age to go through it since the rebound so quickly from trauma and owies, generally. What a horrible 12 days it has been for both of you. The blood would have freaked me out too. I'm praying for you and sending you {{{hugs}}} since that's about all I can do from here...I wish I could do more than support you long distance.
I'm so sorry that you are both going through this. Poor little guy. Poor mommy and daddy. We're praying for you!
I hope he does turn a corner soon for you and him. I didn't know it would be so hard.
Post a Comment