Monday, January 5, 2009

Fashion Mavens

I would never, ever classify my kids as being "in style" or "fashionistas" or really fashion forward in any way. So, for them - this post is as close as they get to being "Fashion Mavens". LOL
First off, Jeff tells me that most boys when they are little know when a cute babysitter is coming over and try to look good for them or impress them. So, this weekend on the spur of the moment actually HIRED a babysitter (for those of you who know me you know how shocking that is that we actually paid someone to watch our kids). We called the sister of some good friends of ours, who thankfully was available for a Saturday evening and Jeff and I got to enjoy dinner out and a movie (Seven Pounds with Will Smith - which was FANTASTIC). Gillian is very cute. She is adorable not only in looks, but in personality too. I don't know one person who doesn't like her - even her brother thinks she's pretty cool. :-) We told Cooper that Gillian was coming over and of course when we mentioned it to Kaelyn she was beyond ecstatic. She "LOVES" Gillian. We gave the kids quick baths before Gillian showed up and when Jeff was getting Cooper dressed after his bath he kept pointing to his little tie. He INSISTED on wearing it. We commented on how cute his tie was, but once Gillian showed up he kept showing her his tie over and over and over again so that she would tell him how cute his was. It was soooooooo funny. We all just laughed and laughed about how much Cooper wasnted to impress Gillian. Here he is all decked out in his tie and wearing mommy's dress shoes. He thought he looked SO good. :-)

On another fashion note, I found a cute little dress pattern that I thought I would make for Kaelyn since I have a break in my cloth diaper business right now. I cut out the dress over the weekend and had some extra fabric so I figured I would make a little head scarf for her to wear. It's so cute! And she loves it too. Hopefully, I'll get the dress done sometime soon and can post the rest of the ensemble.


2 comments:

Leanne said...

Gotta love the fleece leaf pants with the Christmas tie. What a nut.

I like the fabric, and can't wait to see what the dress looks like. You should make more bandanas in different fabrics and then Kaelyn would never need to brush her hair. It looks really cute on her.

No Names Needed said...

I love the tie! Waht a cutie pie!